During December I will admit that in-between illness and the usual Christmas holiday I book we haven’t tended to get out too much and instead got all cosy at weekends and watched a good family movie, or enjoyed midweek box sets with Mrs F once the children are in bed.
Enjoying our NOW TV subscription as I’ve talked about before means we can pick and choose exactly what we want to watch and went, stopping and restarting viewing packs at any point and really maximising when we watch TV the most. The fact there’s no minimal contract really suits our seasonal needs as a family.
During the winter months we are enjoying the Sky Cinema Pass, the Entertainment Pass and for H and D, the Kids Pass, which is only £3.99 per month so pretty much worth its wait in gold if it means they can watch their favourite kids programmes on another TV whilst we enjoy more gripping shows on another.
That said we all enjoyed some content together so I’ve picked out so our of favourite viewing over the pst two months in case you are looking for something to sink your teeth into.
- Disney classics such as The Lion King, Tangled and Beauty and the Beast were firmly on the Sunday afternoon viewing agenda along with a good hot chocolate and a blanket. Two fold really; (a) Who doesn’t love Disney films? and (b) a subtle nod to a forthcoming trip we may have planned this year…. 😉
- Action packed films such as the Jurassic Park collection, Avatar and Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 of which H is a massive fan of Peter Quill and Baby Groot.
- The Greatest Showman x 1,421 times – Our family is obsessed by this and although I love it myself, it is starting to become the new Frozen, which by the way we watched that for the first time in a long while the other week and I fell back in love with again.
- Life Itself – A Sky Cinema original which was only recently out at the Cinema as well is a heart warming and also heart stopping movie which both Mrs F and I wasn’t initially sure about as it does take some time to understand but once you do, its an amazing clever film.
- Red Sparrow – Another very clever film as well as a little gruesome at times but a fascinating insight to the world of espionage as its based on a novel by a former CIA operative.
- Ready Player One – Although I’ll confess that Mrs F wasn’t too fussed by this one, I loved it. Directed by Steven Speilberg I think I fell in love with the whole geekiness about the film as its based in the future and around VR (virtual reality) I imagine it was amazing to watch visually in the cinema but was just as good at home.
- Big Little Lies – with a second season recently announced, nows the time to jump on board this great series which is full of murder mystery, mum’s trying to outdo each other, scandal and more. Not only that but it also has a fab cast including Reese Witherspoon and Nicole Kidman as well.
- Game of Thrones – If you haven’t watched this series yet then it’s time to put down your phones, take a month off work and close the doors to the world. With the final season due to land in less than 3 months time, you might still be able to cram in the 7 seasons to date and enjoy all the blood, jaw dropping action and claims for the iron throne.
- A Discovery of Witches – Recently up for an award at the NTAs this was one I watched alone as Mrs F couldn’t get into it however I really enjoyed it. Almost a nod to the old Twilight Saga but involving Vampires and Witches with a forbidden love affair in the middle of it all. I can’t wait for the next series as this one definitely left me on the edge desperate to know what happens next.
So there you have it, just some of the things we’ve been enjoying on NOW TV during December and into the new year. Have you seen anything which has catch your eye lately and you would recommend? If so, drop me a message in the comments below or tweet me over on Twitter.
Until next time
NB: Although I have been previously gifted with a NOW TV subscription, I was under no obligation to write this post however wanted to be completely transparent with my readers.