Top 10 – Reasons Why Netflix Is Your Best Friend When You Have The Flu
In typical One Dad One Blog fashion and in line with my Netflix Stream Team membership…here are 10 Reasons Why Netflix Is Your Best Companion When You Have The Flu….
1. It doesn’t need any attention when you’re really not up for it – you don’t have to talk to it
You know what its like, you’re feeling run down, on the edge of a full blown Man-Flu and you just want to curl up and begin the dying process when in walks the wife/partner/husband who wants to chew your ear off about the day they’ve just had…
2. You only need your eyes to enjoy Netflix, perfect for when every other part of your body hurts
One eye is enough in fact….
3. It doesn’t remind you that you over indulged over the Christmas period and you really shouldn’t be eating the reminds of the Christmas Big shop….
4. It keeps you occupied meaning your recovery time goes much faster
Its the middle of the night and you’re a shivering wreck, time seems to be going slower… worse still, it feels like its going backwards and the night will never end. A good couple of episodes of Son’s of Anarchy or Breaking bad and it’ll be light in no time.. we all know the Flu isn’t as bad during the day…
5. It makes your time resting on the sofa feel more productive
If you can’t go to work and you can’t do any household jobs, you might as well be productive and finish season 3 of House of Cards right….?
6. It doesn’t judge the way you look reclining in your mountain of snotty tissues, grubby PJs and fashioning sickly flu-looks
7. It doesn’t nag you to get out of bed – you can stay in bed all day with Netflix
Whether is because Mrs F underestimates the bed ridden capabilities of Man Flu or just cos she’s a slave driver, you can guarantee there’s an unwritten list of jobs “If you’re feeling better” AKA “When you’re feeling better”… truth be told, I just want to lie in bed and feel sorry for myself…
8. It respects buy neurontin online your life choices – if you want to stay in bed and watch one more episode, or pause, get up and have that shower – Netflix supports you in your decision
9. It doesn’t judge your film or TV choices – we all make out-of-character decisions under the influence of a high fever
This is so true, I can often binge watch a popular series but come down with a phantom snotty nose, head cold and I’ll go for a soppy love story like Ghost or maybe a bit of the cult classic film “Clueless” … don’t judge me, I’m ill. 🙂
10. It leaves you alone when you want to sleep, but it’s always there when you need some company
Granted the little ones are there when you need some company but if I need to sleep, you can be sure I’ll have two monkey’s in the bedroom creating a whirlwind or noise and mess…
Top Titles To Watch When You’ve Got The Flu
- Ferris Bueller’s Day Off. Ferris convinces his entire school he’s at death’s door, then hits the street of Chicago with his girlfriend and best friend for a day of fun. You and Ferris ain’t so different 😉
- Clueless. Meddlesome Beverly Hills high school student Cher gets more than she bargained for when she gives a fashion-challenged student a makeover.
- Master Of None S1. Master of None follows the personal and professional lives of Dev, a 30-year-old actor in New York who has trouble deciding what he wants to eat, much less the pathway for the rest of his life.
- Airplane. In this classic parody of disaster movies, a traumatised former combat pilot is forced to land a passenger plane when food poisoning strikes the crew.
- Pretty Little Liars S1-6. Rudderless without their missing leader, for formerly tight high school friends band together when a blackmailer threatens to spill their dirt. Brand new episodes now available
- House of Cards S1-3 Ruthless Congressman Frank Underwood will stop at nothing to conquer Washington D.C. In this Emmy winning political drama. Catch up now, before S4 hits Netflix on March 4th.
For more information of the current subscription prices as well as some more top titles, see www.netflix.com.
Are there any comfort films you enjoy watching when you’re feeling under the weather, if so leave them in the comments below
Until next time